Monday, 20 October 2008

Challenge 34: Personalise it


Hi everyone! Thankyou for taking part in last week's doodling challenge. This week's theme is 'Personalise it' -
make your project more personal and put a name on it.
Our designers have made some wonderful examples for you which we hope you enjoy. A big thankyou to everyone who takes part every week, all your fab work and support is what makes my time to craft challenge!





Congratulations to A Portland Granny you have won last week's prize: a Cosmo Cricket paper collection. Please email us at mytimetocraftchallenge@hotmail.co.uk and we will get your prize in the post to you.



This week's Prize, supplied by Handy Hippo
is x 10 Vouches worth 10% off at their online store. Everyone who takes part in this week's challenge by ( 10pm Monday the 27th GMT) will be entered into a prize draw and 10 lucky peoples names will be selected at random! Good luck, we will announce the winners next week.


Jo, Fifi, Lesley, Becky, Kate & Wendy


~~~~~~~~~





Card
I attached alphabet chipboard letters onto blue card which I ripped to give a snow effect, I added doodling, ribbons, and a brad with a rub-on greeting on it.
~~~~~~~







Card
I started by cutting the large 16 out of mickey mouse paper with my cricut then I matted it on holographic card. Then stuck the numbers onto some bright yellow firework paper. Mickey mouse eyelets were used down the edges. I wrote the name with stickers and finished it all of with some black gems.
~~~~~~~~





Card
I covered a card blank with patterned paper. From gold card I cut a heart shape and glued this to the base card. From pink paper I cut out a skull & crossbones, edged it with black ink and attached it with 3d foam on top of the heart. I spelled out the recipients name with alphabet stickers for a personal touch.
~~~~~~~~





Scrapbook Page
It is a page I made of my granddaughter, using a nestability die for the mats, and a quote, flowers and ric rak to embellish. I cut her name from a QK Revolution alphabet set called Lemonade (I think!).

~~~~~~~~





Card
I decided to use the challenge to make my Brother's Birthday card. His hobby is photography so I decided to use an image from the Card Toonz Professional Nuttyness CD. My little Owl photographer is decoupaged up six layers, glittered slightly and mounted onto Nestabilities mats. I used a Sizzix alphabet to personalise the card with his name.
~~~~~~~~~

17 comments:

a portland granny said...

Here it is past midnight and I'm checking to see what challenge you have for the week and I see that I am the winner from last week. That is so exciting! Thank you.

I don't think I am going to have time this week for the challenge....but I'll be back!

Ria said...

Ohh the DT made pretty designs :) I didn't have a hard time with my design this week :) Hope you like it.
Here is my card

hugs Ria

Macpurp said...

great challenge.
hope my link works...still getting used to doing links.

<ahref="http://macpurp.blogspot.com/2008/10/warm-cosy-craftin.html">Here's mine!</a>

Tina x

Jenny said...

Great DT work,

Click here for mine.

annie2006 said...

here is the card i have made and personalised. thanks for the challenge. hope you like it! x

http://anniesantics-annie2006.blogspot.com/2008/10/nannas-card.html

joey said...

Hi, some fab ideas for personalising by the dt. mine is here:-

mycard

thanks for looking.x

Denise said...

Great challenge, here is my entry:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-time-to-craft-challenge-personalise.html

Jenny said...

Ich habe einen Notizblock verschönert.Danke fürs Anschauen.
Mein Werk

Heidi said...

Here is my BIA book http://craftinginasmallspace.blogspot.com/
What a great theme.

moonlight60 said...

Wonderful!
Here is my idea:

Emily

Hugs
Tina

nessy said...

great idea ~love your creations!1
my card can be sen on my blog
http://nessysnotes.blogspot.com/2008/10/letter-box.html
thanks for looking
vanessa xx

Wendy said...

Here's mine

gailscraftyplace said...

Fabulous cards from the DT, Just got to say I absolutely adore Wendy's Owl.A great fun card. Here's my entry for this week

* Shaz * said...

Have joined in this week hope it's ok

Heres My Card

Wendi said...

Just made it for this challenge
This is a scrap page I am doing

http://oohlalacraftyblog.blogspot.com/

Jac said...

Really enjoyed this one as havent done any digi work for a while. Great personalised items by the DT, thanks for the challenge. My attempt is here TFL

Marianne said...

Hi there,

Here is the card i made with the name of my nephew on it!

Marianne