Monday 13 October 2008

Challenge 33: Get Doodling!


Hi everyone! Thankyou for taking part in last week's Teddies challenge - all your work was stunning as always! This week's theme is 'Doodling'. Try adding some freehand drawing to your projects. Maybe something really simple or if you're feeling really brave perhaps try drawing your own image instead of using a rubber stamp! Get your felt tips at the ready and have loads of fun doodling!

Our designers have made some wonderful examples for you which we hope you enjoy.




Congratulations to Christine D., a portland granny, Ria and RubyMay, you have won last week's prize and each won a fab embossing powder! Please email us at mytimetocraftchallenge@hotmail.co.uk and we will get your prizes in the post to you.



This week's Prize, supplied by Crafty Krafts is this 'Cosmo Cricket - Little boys Biography collection'. Everyone who takes part in this week's challenge by ( 10pm Monday the 20th GMT) will be entered into a prize draw and 1 lucky person's name will be selected at random winning this gorgeous prize.
Come back next week to see who won!


Jo, Fifi, Lesley, Becky, Kate & Wendy



~~~~~~~~~




Card
To make it... I doodled three flowers onto patterned paper and placed them onto doodled stems. I then attached a ribbon and a sentiment sticker then finally doodled a scallop border and coloured it with a Pro Marker pen in 'Cornflower' colour.
~~~~~~~








Twinchie
I stamped the leaf image in white stazon then drew around them with white gel pen. I then doodled in the corners. The leaves were then stamped again in bron stazon and then drawn round the same way. I finished it off by writing leaves in white gel pen and adding 3 small gold coloured gems. The leaves were stuck on with silicon glue and all edged with gold krylon pen.
~~~~~~~~






Card
I covered a base card with red paper, cut a strip of patterned paper and punched a scalloped border to one edge then adhered to the base. I cut a thinner strip of paper, doodled a border round the edge and placed this across the punched piece. I cut a swirl from paper, doodled on some dots then stuck this to the base card. I stamped the sentiment, added a brad to the centre of a chipboard flower and stuck these to the card. Finally I doodled a border around all four edges of the base card.
~~~~~~~~






Card
I stamped a Penny Black Christmas greeting, and doodled all round the edges of it by drawing some holly and berries and faux stitches. I painted in the holly leaves with Adirondack Lettuce Ink Pad and also painted some plain white card so I could mat it after I had matted it onto red. Finally I added some matching green ribbon along the bottom.
~~~~~~~~







Card
When I first heard what the challenge was I was wary - I don' t do much doodling as my efforts always look wrong! So my card just has a doodled border around the edge of the circle. I used a Mimi image from Denami Designs and coloured with Zig Brushables and Sakura Stardust pens. matted and layered onto patterned paper and embellished with a decorative corner and some jewelled Flora Doodles!
~~~~~~~~~

23 comments:

DMG said...

I doooo love to doodle!

Linda said...

First time I've tried a challenge........hope I'm doing this right! I've made some doodled Inchies, they are on my blog.... http://blackisbest.blogspot.com/

Rosie said...

Your examples are always so pretty ladies and inspiring too! I made some ATCs on Sunday which I'd like to enter as they fit your theme beautifully - plus, there's a free-to-download vintage image on the same post, if you'd like!!

http://alteredartandstuff.wordpress.com/2008/10/12/sunday-share/

Cheers, Rosie

crafty creations said...

beautiful samples ladies

Here's mine

http://inkythings.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-time-to-craft-doodling.html

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

I WON I WON I WON :) thanks so muchh

hugs Ria
LALLALADIDIDAAAAA doing a happy dance ;)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful DT´s and theme, ladies!
Here is my idea:

Doodling

Hugs
Tina

Maria Matter said...

I love doodling.
Here's my card:
Families are...
Blessings, Maria

Lavender Rose said...

I can't say I doodle much but I really enjoyed this challenge and may do some more, thanks! Your creations are brilliant by the way!
My card is on my blog:

http://lavenderosecraft.blogspot.com/2008/10/get-doodling.html

a portland granny said...

Here's my doodle! I combined it with
another challenge....and its interesting.

Its on my blog.

Fab said...

Hi there, just came across your blog. I just wondered if we are too late to enter your challenge.

It's a hand-drawn halloween tree with some doodling done on the bark free hand with a silver pen. I hope you like it.

Scary Tree halloween card

http://craftingmad.blogspot.com/2008/10/scary-tree-halloween-card-made-by-vince.html

Annie said...

oh I panicked when I saw it was doodling too but I'm quite proud of my cobwebs on my spooky card even though I say it myself!!! Good job cobwebs are easy to draw. Thanks for a great challenge - not done one like this before.
My card is at...
http://craftworkblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/spooky-doodling.html
Ann xxx

Wendy said...

Not too good at doodling

But my card is here.

Denise said...

great challenge once again, here is my entry:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-time-to-craft-challenge-get-doodling.html

craft mad Jenny said...

I've done it!!!
Click here for mine.

Hazel said...

Fab work, everyone! I saw this site linked somewhere and thought I'd come and do the challenge - was nearly put off when I saw the subject, but decided to have a go:
http://craftyhazelnut.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-time-to-craft-challenge-33-get.html

Heidi said...

I love doodling, here is my ATC.
http://craftinginasmallspace.blogspot.com/

tracy said...

i've never doodled on a card before,mines on my blog :)
http://craftme-tracy.blogspot.com/

For the life of me said...

heres mine

http://dawne-abitofthisabitofthat.blogspot.com/2008/10/3-in-1.html

Jac’s Playground said...

Lovely DT samples, I'm not a great doodler but just had to have a go so mine is here TFL

Hiya, My name is Lynne. said...

Just made a card with doodles on, what a coinsidence!! Hope the picture shows it ok!! You can find it here....http://lynnescraft.blogspot.com/2008/10/anniversary-card.html#links many thanks

Angelswings_2 said...

Here is my first ever entry to your challenge blog. I do Hope you like it. Here is my blog. Kerry

Claire said...

I'm a bit late but here's

MY CARD

Claire

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Is it safe to come in?? Has Ria finished dancing on the table tops??? lol

Loving your gorgeous work ...

Here is my card.